09/08/2017

1880´s Day Dresses

Second part of our summer photo-shoot represents 1880´s day-wear. We enjoyed this photo-shoot tremendously! My sister is modeling mauve 1880´s Day Dress and accessories that have been previously introduced here. I´m wearing cream 1880´s Day Dress made using the same pattern I drafted for the mauve dress with the exception of the overskirt. I used a variety of cream fabrics for this ensemble. Both bodices are fully boned using 5 mm wide spiral steel boning. Period authentic closures are used on all garments. Skirts are worn over tournures. Cream-black Bustle Era Hat is view A1 on pattern from Lynn McMasters. Trimmings are again mine :)








Beige/gold Edwardian parasol has been introduced here. Gloves are also crochet by me using my own design.
Velvet reticule with hand-embroidered goldwork.


Skirt-lifter in use on cream dress.

Close-up of the skirt-lifter I made to not to drag long skirts on the pavement. 
















That´s all folks, see you next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment