16/08/2017

1840´s Printed Cotton Day Dresses

Third chapter of our summer photo-shoot, and it´s the 1840´s! We had these dresses (and all the underpinnings) on the day before right after we shot 1880´s dresses and a terrible rain started so we couldn´t proceed. However, next day was sunny so here we come! I´m wearing white printed cotton 1840´s Day Dress that´s making process can be found here. I have taken out the zip and replaced it with tiny snap fasteners. Hooks and eyelets would have been more period accurate but since the dress fastens on it´s back, I still wanted to be able to dress myself in it... somehow anyway. ;) I also shortened the bodice. Lily is wearing dark red printed cotton 1840´s Day Dress which actually is first Victorian dress I have made. Large pointy collar is embellished with linen bobbin lace. 





Lily is wearing white hairpin lace shawl made of wool. I´m wearing knitted Victorian large rectangular shawl with diamond pattern. It is an actual early Victorian shawl pattern from the book Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby.





Embroidered reticule.






Matching reticule with crochet lace.


Detail of engageantes (=undersleeves).


Stay tuned, more photos are coming soon! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment