04/06/2016

Patchwork & Quilting Projects

 Hello again!

I didn´t get to write any post last two months although I sewed and knitted and crocheted most of the time. I´ll try to update the projects gradually. :)

 
Glove bag I made from 1850s Victorian dress fabric remnant and machine embroidery panel. Purple bias binding and white lace trim are also remnants from other projects.

Machine embroidered flower and birds. I used Metler PolySheen and viscose machine embroidery threads (Coats Doli & Anchor Alcazar).

Lace Bobbin Bag #1. 

Lace Bobbin Bag #2 with some antique english style bobbins from England. I replaced all the beads as the wire was all rusty.

Lace Bobbin Bags closed with satin ribbon.

Embroidery Sampler. Embroidery samplers were hugely popular in 19th century and I figured why not assemble my own from my samplers from school. All samplers were embroidered by hand by me in 2000, my first year in the Art School. Then they were stored in passepartout in a folder and forgotten for 16 years... Until I took them out and made this wall hanging out of them.

Detail of sampler I. and II. Decorative stitching around samplers is done on a machine.

Detail of sampler III., IV. and V.

Detail of sampler VI. and VII.

Detail of sampler VIII. and IX.

No comments:

Post a Comment